Pineapple cold remedies are popular worldwide. The fruit, rich in vitamin C and fiber, provides relief from cold or flu symptoms. These remedies can be made at home by mixing pineapple slices with honey and then chilling them in the refrigerator for an hour before applying them to your face. All you need to do is apply them with a washcloth or gauze for best results for a soothing, cool sensation.
Pineapple cold remedy make for a good alternative to commercial over-the-counter medicines. And since it is now known that vitamin C can also reduce the severity of a common cold or flu, you’ll be getting even more from this natural remedy.
Steps to making a pineapple cold remedy:
1. Cut the top off the pineapple and remove all the core.
2. Place chilled pineapple slices in a bowl and pour over the honey (or use honey you have frozen) until they are completely covered. Refrigerate or freeze until you need them.
3. When ready to use, take one slice at a time, dip it in water and then apply to your face.
4. Follow up with a warm washcloth or cloth to wipe your face.
5. Repeat several times a day until you feel relief.
Pineapple has been proven to contain many nutrients and vitamins, such as vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, B6, and folate. It is also high in antioxidants and phytochemicals that are very important in preventing cancer and heart disease.
Other healing natural remedies include strawberries and oranges, which are also rich in vitamin C to help reduce infections of the nose and throat and expel mucus from the lungs.
You can use other ingredients to create your cold remedies by mixing them with honey. Some examples include:
- Peppermint oil or essential oils of peppermint, lime, or spearmint can be added to a bowl of honey and frozen for a cold remedy.
- Toothpaste can also be used similarly to the pineapple with some mint. Just mash it up and add to the mixture.
- Banana, papaya, strawberry, and cantaloupe are also great sources of vitamin C and other nutrients.
Although you may first experience burning when you first use the cold remedy, this is fine because it means that it has the right amount of vitamin C. The skin will get used to the product, and it will not be as irritating and painful as in the beginning.
Pineapple cold remedy has long been a widely-believed home remedy for relieving cold and flu symptoms. Pineapple is widely thought to have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, analgesic, and antimicrobial properties.
Some of the ingredients in the pineapple may also help ease symptoms such as nasal congestion, sore throat, and headache. The phytochemical in pineapple may also relax muscles which helps ease many types of inflammation that cause pain.
It contains the ingredient Bromelain, which may enhance the efficiency of the phytochemical. Bromelain is a mixture of digestive enzymes found in pineapples and other plants. These enzymes help break down protein in an animal’s diet, although they are most well-known for their ability to assist digestion after eating meat.
Bromelain also has anti-inflammatory properties that may be helpful with many chronic inflammatory conditions such as arthritis. Bromelain might also help with coughs as it is known to help open up airways.
Also Read: Pineapple Burning Remedy.
The Benefits of Pineapple Juice
Pineapple can be made into an excellent cold remedy by first slicing it, removing the core, and adding honey. You may want to freeze some if you don’t have any honey handy.
- Prevents symptoms of the common cold.
- Acts as a natural decongestant.
- Promotes healthy immunity and helps you to recover quickly.
- Is rich in vitamin C and is a good source of potassium, calcium, magnesium, and fiber.
- Helps you to lose weight.
- Aids to lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Increases urine flow by promoting healthy bladder action.
- Helps to prevent premature aging of the skin and hair.
- Is great for relieving toothaches and sore gums, and sore throat.
- Has a positive effect on the eyes and balances eye pressure.
Pineapple Juice helps to relieve symptoms of the common cold tremendously. It is packed with nutrients that are a great source of Vitamin C, especially when sick. The juice works as a natural decongestant and loosens up mucus membranes in the throat and nose, allowing it to drain more easily and making breathing easier.
Pineapple cold remedy can be helpful for respiratory problems, digestive issues, and muscle aches. You can make a pineapple remedies tea from pineapples or take it from capsules. You should drink 1 cup of pineapple remedy teas 3 times a day to help get rid of cold symptoms, and one capsule 3 times daily will give you the same results.
Pineapple is an excellent remedy for the common cold. The fruit’s anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and analgesic properties can relieve many cold symptoms such as sore throats, headache, and nasal congestion. It also contains vitamin C, which will help faster reduce a cold or flu.
Is pineapple good for colds?
There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that pineapple is good for colds. However, some people believe that pineapple can help to reduce the symptoms of a cold due to its high vitamin C content.
Does pineapple stop coughing?
No scientific evidence supports the claim that pineapple can stop coughing. However, some people believe that the fruit’s natural sweetness and anti-inflammatory properties may help to soothe the throat and reduce coughing.